Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarships at Deakin University in Australia, 2017
Deakin University is offering Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarships for Australian students. These scholarships are available for pursuing anÂ undergraduate bachelor degree in any trimester/semester in the 2017 academic year.
Deakin University is an Australian public university with approximately 50,644 higher education students in 2014. Deakin Universityâ€™s aim is to examine the impact of the division between further and higher education on strategies to widen participation in education.
Applicants must demonstrate they meet the English language requirements, to the level required for the band specified for the course.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing anÂ undergraduate bachelor degree in any trimester/semester in the 2017 academic year.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Financial support for your studies:
- 100% of student contribution (tuition fees) +
- A cash payment of $5000 per year +
- Participation in the Vice-Chancellor’s Professional Excellence Program
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- An Australian citizen or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- Commencing at Deakin University in an undergraduate bachelor degree in any trimester/semester in the 2017 academic year
- Enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time study
- Enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place
- Able to demonstrate academic achievement in one of the following:
(a) An ATAR of at least 95 or International Baccalaureate equivalent or
(b) Dux of your high school or
(c) Highest ranking student commencing in Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery.
Consideration will be given to
- Extra-curricular activities and achievements â€“ for example in the areas of leadership, community service, the arts, volunteering, or sport
- Students experiencing personal or financial hardship
Nationality: Australian students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: To study at Deakin students are required to have:
- Access to a device such as a desktop computer or laptop
- Connectivity to the internet
- Capability to use Deakin’s online learning environments
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants for Deakin courses must meet the English language requirements, to the level required for the course.
How to apply: Scholarship applications are made via the Deakin Course and Scholarship Applicant Portal. The application will not be considered complete until you upload your documentation. The supporting documentation required includes:
- Two referee statements (eg. School Principal, Employer or similar person able to comment on your achievements)
- Evidence of your leadership activities or other achievements
- If you were the dux of high school you will need to provide confirmation through a letter or school certificate.
Application Deadline: Applications for Trimester 1 2017 open 29 August 2016 and close 12 January 2017.