The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is pleased to announce a merit-based scholarship program for Pakistani nationals to pursue Master’s degrees in the field of Education at universities in the United States beginning in June 2015. The scholarship program is intended primarily for teacher educators and will provide long-term sustainability to USAID’s ongoing support for improving the quality of learning in classrooms. The program is part of the US $ 300 million USAID’s Improving Education Quality initiative in Pakistan.
Areas of study:
Teacher Education; Literacy Education; Education Measurement and Assessment; Educational Administration and Policy; Special and Inclusive Education; Early Childhood Education; Developing Reading Culture; Behavior and Applied Analysis; Educational leadership and management; Educational Financing; Curriculum Development Teaching of Reading; and all other related areas of study.
The fully funded scholarship program will provide various benefits including full tuition fees of the program for study in the United States; round-trip ticket; accommodation allowances; orientation programs; intensive English language program; health insurance; GRE/TOEFL preparation support to selected candidates; and GRE/TOEFL fees.
The scholarship program is open to highly motivated and talented Citizens of Pakistan with the commitment and zeal to take leadership to improve the quality of learning in Pakistani classrooms through better prepared teachers. Preference will be given to:
- Faculty members from the Faculties of Education of public sector and/or USAID partner private universities all across Pakistan.
- Educators and education managers working in federal, provincial and regional teacher training institutions (PITE, BOC, RITE, GCET, GCE) as permanent employees.
- Recent Bachelor’s degree graduates (2013, 2014) of the Faculties of Education who have received written commitment from any public sector university that they will be employed on a full-time basis upon return from the United States. The written letter is required to be produced before the award of the scholarship.
- Faculty members from other departments/faculties of the universities who are linked with the two year Associate Degree in Education and/or four-year Bachelor of Education degree program.
- Alumni of the Teach for Pakistan Program who have received written commitment from public sector universities that they will be employed on a full-time basis upon return from the United States.
All candidates must have a minimum of sixteen (16) years of formal education and have completed a Bachelor degree from a HEC recognized university with at least second division. Be able to serve for at least five years in the local institution after the study.
Those who are not eligible to apply:
Employees of USAID and individuals employed under a USAID-funded contract or sub-contract, a competitively-awarded cooperative agreement or grant or sub-award are NOT eligible to participate in this scholarship program.
This is a national scholarship program, however, women, people with disabilities, and individuals from FATA, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan, Northern Sindh and Southern Punjab are highly encouraged to apply.
All eligible applicants must mail three (3) hard copies of the completed preliminary application form along with all required documents to: P. O. Box No. 1496, Islamabad
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION: June 04, 2014
All relevant queries may be directed to email@example.com
How to Apply:
Complete details of the program including full criteria; required documents; and pre-application form can be downloaded from the links below: