The University of Salford is a public research university in Salford, England, 1.5 miles (2.4 kilometres) west of Manchester city centre. The Royal Technical Institute, Salford, which opened in 1896, became a College of Advanced Technology in 1956 and gained university status, following the Robbins Report into higher education, in 1967.
The University requires that applicants with a non-native level of English have some proof that they meet the required standard for their course.
Course Level:Â The University of Salford Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate and postgraduate programme.
Study Subject:Â TheÂ University of Salford Scholarships are awarded for studying for studying all the subjects offered by the university. A limited number of courses are excluded: BA Hons: Art and Design with Foundation Year, Fdtn: Business Management, FdA: Hospitality Management, FdA: Sport and Leisure Management, FdA: Tourism and Management, FdA: Hospitality and Tourism Management, FdA: Leisure and Tourism Management, BSc Hons: Biology with a Foundation Year, BA Hons: Environmental Studies with a Foundation Year, HND: Media Performance, HND: Media Production, BA Hons: Music (if at level 0 only), HND: Construction and Property, BSc Hons: Physics with a Foundation Year, BENG Hons: Civil Engineering with Foundation Year, MSc: Robotics and Embedded Systems and BSc/BEng Hons: Aeronautical Engineering with Foundation Year
Vice Chancellorâ€™s Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship: This international scholarship is worth up to Â£5,000
Vice Chancellorâ€™s Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship: This international scholarship is worth Â£4,000 if you take The Salford MBA, MSc Petroleum and Gas Engineering or MSc Gas Engineering and Management. This scholarship is worth Â£2,000 for tuition fees up to Â£11,499 or Â£3,000 for tuition fees of Â£11,500 or above when you take any other Masters programme.
Scholarship can be taken in UK
Vice Chancellorâ€™s Undergraduate Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship is assessed according to academic credibility. If students achieve 320 UCAS points or an IB score of 34 they will be guaranteed a Â£5,000 scholarship.
- ‘A level’ grades â€“ a minimum of ABB (320 UCAS points) or equivalent
- Scottish Qualifications Authority Higher National Diploma (any subject) â€“ Pass with AAA in graded units, with a minimum IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
- University of Salford International Foundation Year â€“ 70% or higher overall
- NCUK International Foundation year (any subject) with an equivalent of 320 UCAS points and a minimum of EAP C
- Edexcel Higher National Diploma (any subject) â€“ Pass with a minimum of eight Distinctions and IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
- International Baccalaureate â€“ a minimum of three subjects at higher level with a minimum grade of 34
Vice Chancellorâ€™s Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship:
- NCUK International Diploma (any subject, for a syllabus taught at Sino-British College only) â€“ Pass with Distinction, with minimum EAP B.
- Chevening Partnership 5 Full tuition fee and stipend scholarships available across all programmes and unlimited 20% tuition fee reductions
Nationality: International students can apply for University of Salford Scholarships. These scholarships are not available to students from the UK and EU.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Universityâ€™s entry requirements vary from course-to-course and country to country.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: The University requires that applicants with a non-native level of English have some proof that they meet the required standard for their course.
How to Apply: When University receives application to study at Salford, they will assess eligibility for a scholarship based on their academic records. If student qualify for a scholarship, University will let them know in offer letter.
Application Deadline: Undergraduate applications should be made viaÂ UCAS. UCAS application deadline is 15 January 2017. Most postgraduate degrees do not have specific application deadlines. Applications are considered throughout the year.