State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) offers financial assistance by way of Merit Scholarship to the talented and meritorious children of its serving/retired/deceased employees (OG-2 and below) who are pursuing their studies at Intermediate, Graduate and Post Graduate levels. These Merit Scholarships for the year 2012-13 are now open and Applications on the prescribed Form are invited from the Employees (serving/retired) and spouse/children of deceased employees of State Bank of Pakistan, Karachi for grant of “Merit Scholarships” to their children.
- Eligible Employees: The children of employees (serving/retired/deceased) up to OG-2 level only are eligible for the above Scholarship.
- Courses of Studies and prescribed subject: (Admission taken during the academic year 2012-13).
- Intermediate Course
Intermediate in Science, Economics and Commerce, Diploma of Associate Engineering Course from any Polytechnic Institute, Computer Science, Information Technology from a reputed and recognized institution.
- Graduation Course
Graduation Course in Science, Commerce, Business, Economics, Technical Education, Public Administration, Information Technology, Medicine & Engineering from a reputed and recognized institution.
- Post Graduation Course
Post Graduation Course in Science, Commerce, Business, Economics, Technical Education, Public Administration, Information Technology, Medicine & Engineering from a reputed and recognized institution.
- Intermediate Course
- Prescribed Institutions: Scholarships for Graduation/Post-Graduation courses will be awarded only to the students who take admission either in a public sector educational institution or in any private sector educational institution classified in category “W” or “X” by the Higher Education Commission, Government of Pakistan from time to time.
- Quota & Amount for Scholarships:
Study Level : Intermediate
Quota : 20
Amount (Rs) : 3000/- pm
Study Level : Graduation
Quota : 10
Amount (Rs) : 4500/- pmStudy Level : Post Graduation
Quota : No limit
Amount (Rs) : 7500/- pm
- Eligibility: Scholarships will be awarded to those children of employees (serving/retired/deceased) up to OG-2 level who have secured “A +”, “A” or “B” grades or have obtained at least 60% marks in Matriculation / Intermediate / Graduation Examination during the calendar year 2012 provided they are not in receipt of scholarship from any other institution or the Government. Candidates who have passed “A” and “O” level examinations under the Cambridge System are also eligible for this Scheme.
- Admissibility/ Withdrawal:
- The scholarship will be granted to the candidates in order of merit.
- The scholarship will be withdrawn where children fail or do not appear in the examination.
- Application Procedure: Interested employees of SBP up to O.G-2 Cadre or their spouse (in case of deceased employee) whose children meet the above mentioned eligibility criteria of the Scholarship may apply to the Director, Human Resources Department, State Bank of Pakistan, I. I. Chundrigar Road, Karachi-74000, latest by 7 th January, 2014. Application Forms may be obtained either from SBP web site www.sbp.org.pk or from Education Expenses Unit of the above Department.