SMU Overseas PhD Scholarship for Singaporean Students, 2017
Singapore Management University is offering overseas Ph.D. scholarship for Singaporean students. The scholarship will provide financial support for up to five years while the selected scholars complete their overseas studies towards a Ph.D. degree or appropriate terminal degree in their discipline.
SMUâ€™s Overseas Ph.D. Scholarship is a prestigious scholarship that aims to attract and encourage talented young Singaporeans to embark on an academic career by providing financial support as well as guidance and mentorship.
Singapore Management University is a public, autonomous national university in Singapore that specialises in business and management studies.
Applicants are required to take TOEFL or IELTS if they are from countries where English is not the medium of instruction.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing Ph.D. programme.
Study Subject: The following fields of study will be supported by Ph.D. studies or an LLM degree in the case of Law: Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Operations Management, Organisational Behaviour and Human Resources- Economics, Information Systems, Law, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship includes all tuition and mandatory fees, overseas maintenance allowance, monthly stipend (with CPF where applicable), research allowance, overseas medical insurance, economy return airfares.
Scholarship can be taken at Abroad
- Singapore citizens.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of proficiency and motivation and should have an excellent academic record.
- A keen interest in an academic career in any of the disciplines at SMU.
- Applications are invited from graduates with good Bachelorâ€™s or Masters degrees, which include, Business, Economics, Accountancy, Social Sciences, Law, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics and Mathematics.
Nationality: Singapore citizens are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have good Bachelorâ€™s or Masters degrees, which include, Business, Economics, Accountancy, Social Sciences, Law, Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics and Mathematics.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to take TOEFL or IELTS if they are from countries where English is not the medium of instruction.
How to Apply: Candidates who interested to apply are required to complete and submit the Overseas Ph.D. Scholarship Application Form along with the following:
- A personal statement describing your area/s of interest and your motivation for pursuing an academic career
- Detailed CV
- Degree certificates and academic transcripts names and email addresses of three references who are familiar with your education/work
Student may also wish to submit the following:
- A sample of writing that demonstrates your ability to explain and summarize a topic of academic interest to you (approximately 2 pages)
- Test score or other supporting documents
Application Deadline: The deadline for submission of the application for the 2017 Scholarship awards is 15 December 2016.