[cont] => tle”>PhD Studentship in Automated University Time Tabling at Aston University in UK, 2016/2017
Applications are invited for a three year Postgraduate Research studentship, to be undertaken within the Mathematics & Computer Science Research Groups at Aston University.Â UK/EU and Overseas applicants are eligible to apply for this studentship.
The goal of this project is to develop a software system that can automatically generate optimized University timetables.
Aston University is a longÂ established research-ledÂ University known for its world-class teaching quality and strong links to industry, government, and commerce.
Applicants test must have been taken no more than two years before the start date of their course. For applicants from non-English speaking countries, it is necessary to have taken either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the British Council IELTS test.Â However, if the Candidate holds a Bachelor or Master’s degree from a U.K. University, this requirement may be waived. Please contact the school for further information.
Course Level: Studentship is available for pursuing Ph.D. program.
Study Subject: Studentship is to be undertaken within the Mathematics & Computer Science Research Groups at Aston University.
Scholarship Award: This studentship includes a fee bursary to cover the home/EU fees rate plus a maintenance allowance of Â£14,296 for the 2016/17 academic year.
- Applicants from outside the EU may apply for this studentship but will need to pay the difference between the â€˜Home/EUâ€™ and â€˜Overseasâ€™ tuition fees; currently, this is estimated to be Â£11,729 in the 2016/17 academic year.
- As part of the application, you will be required to confirm that you have applied for, or, secured this additional funding.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this studentship:
- The successful applicant should have a first or upper second class honors degree or equivalent qualification in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics based subject, involving Computing and some Mathematics. Strong coding skills and experience in an appropriate object-oriented language (C++, C#, or Java preferred), are essential to this role. It would also be advantageous to have experience in the presentation of complex analyses to untrained users, software version control systems, knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation, along with an understanding of the full software development and product lifecycle.
- An understanding of algorithm design (although the core algorithm will be provided), and good inter-personal skills to work within Aston University and liaise with academics, students and administrative staff, are highly desirable.
Nationality: UK/EU and Overseas applicants are eligible to apply for this studentship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should have been awarded, or expect to achieve, a first or upper second class Honors degree or a Masterâ€™s degree in a relevant subject (or an equivalent qualification from an overseas institution). Please provide transcripts of the marks you have already achieved with your application. If their qualification is suitable and your grades are good, we would normally accept this as providing evidence of your research potential.
English language Requirements: Non-native speakers of English are normally required to satisfy the following minimum English language requirements:
- TOEFL IBT: 93 (23 in Writing, 19 in Speaking, 18 in Reading and 19 in Listening)
- IELTS: Â 6.5 (6.0 in Writing Speaking, Reading, and Listening).
- Pearsons English language test: 63 with no less than 57 in each band