[cont] => tle”>PhD Scholarships for International Students at RMIT in Australia, 2017
RMIT University is accepting applications for Vice-Chancellorâ€™s PhD Scholarship (VCPS). These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and research potential to local and international candidates undertaking a research doctoral degree.
RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and engagement.
RMIT University (officially Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) is an Australian public university of technology and design based in Melbourne, Victoria.
A valid English proficiency test must be submitted for programs with an IELTS entry requirement of 7.0 and above.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any courses available at the RMIT University.
Scholarship Award: The VCPS provides the following benefits to recipients:
- A stipend of $41,150 per annum pro rata (full-time study) which represents a generous RMIT top up of approximately $15,000 above the APA rate
- A research support allowance of $5,000 per annum to support research activities
- A HDR publication award of $10,000 (payable on thesis submission). Candidates must submit their thesis within three and a half years (or equivalent part-time) to be eligible for award
- A relocation allowance for the cost of relocating in order to take up their postgraduate research program, up to $515 per adult and $255 per child to a maximum of $1,540
- Paid sick, maternity and parenting leave (within the limits of the Scholarship Terms and Conditions).
If students are a local candidate, they will also receive a government-funded Research Training Scheme (RTS) place or equivalent. An RTS place is supported with a HECS exemption for the standard duration of the course. Applicants successful in receiving an RTS place are not required to pay tuition fees for the maximum duration of their candidature.
If applicants are an international candidate, they will also receive:
- Tuition fees for the duration of the scholarship
- The cost of an Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) policy for the standard duration of their program.
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Australia
Eligibility: To be considered for a VCPS scholarship they must hold, or be currently completing:
- A Master by research
- A Master by coursework with a significant research component graded as high distinction, or equivalent
- A Honours degree achieving first class honours
- A 4 year bachelor degree achieving a GPA of 4 or equivalent (80% or above).
If student do not hold one of the above qualifications, they will only be considered for scholarship if they have previous publications or significant research experience. All other applicants will be considered ineligible.
In addition to the above, to be eligible for this scholarship they must:
- Be an Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia, or an international candidate who is commencing in an RMIT PhD program from 1 January 2017
- Have applied for a full-time PhD program at RMIT.
Part-time VCPS may be approved for candidates with exceptional circumstances (e.g. for medical reasons or due to significant care commitments). Part-time scholarships are not tax exempt. Please refer to the Scholarship Terms and Conditions for further details.
Student will be considered ineligible for a VCPS if:
- They have already commenced their PhD program at RMIT
- They already hold a research doctorate, or an equivalent research qualification
- They are currently receiving another equivalent award, scholarship or research related salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the 2016 APA base rate to undertake the research degree.
- They have not met the English requirements by the close of the main scholarship round (international only)
- They have not received a program offer to commence in a PhD program in 2017, by the close of the main scholarship round (international only).
Nationality: Australia/ New Zealand and international students can apply for these PhD scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must have 4 year bachelor degree achieving a GPA of 4 or equivalent (80% or above).
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: A valid English proficiency test must be submitted for programs with an IELTS entry requirement of 7.0 and above.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online. When applying for a scholarship student will automatically be considered for all scholarships in which they are eligible. Applicant do not need to submit separate applications.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31 October 2016.