National Research Program for Universities (NRPU) is one of the great initiative taken for the betterment of research and development in Pakistan. Dearth of research literature / equipment is a major impediment to the productivity of many creative and talented faculty members / researchers in all disciplines in Universities/Degree awarding institutions. In most cases these researchers need substantial financial support for research projects to allow them in their research pursuits.
In the absence of such facilities the researchers, specifically the young ones, are discouraged and are looking for better opportunities in developed countries. To avoid this brain-drain, HEC has initiated a research grant program under which creative researchers are awarded research grants.
To meet the current challenges of researchers working in local universities/DAIs of Pakistan and to promote the R&D with facilitation, HEC has modified the existing policy of National Research Program for Universities (NRPU) as per researcher’s needs / requirements. The new policy of NRPU is implemented w.e.f. 01-12-2010.
- To encourage research in all disciplines.
- To strengthen the indigenous capacity and reduce exodus of talent from the country.
The research grant program provides financial support for research projects in Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Humanities, Basic Sciences, Natural Sciences, Medical Sciences, Engineering & Technology and Agricultural Sciences.
All Faculty Members & Researchers holding full time position of Public Sector Universities and following selected Private Sector Universities.
GIK Institute of Engineering & Technology, Topi
Aga Khan University, Karachi
- Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore
- National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (FAST), Islamabad
- Indus Institute of Higher Education, Karachi
- Institute of Business and Technology, Karachi
- Foundation University, Islamabad
- Riphah International University, Islamabad
- University of Management Technology, Lahore
- Zia ud Din University, Karachi
- The University of Faisalabad
- Institute of Business Management, Karachi
- Dadabhoy Institute of Higher Education, Karachi
- The University of Lahore
- Beaconhouse National University, Lahore
- Iqra University
- Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science & Technology (SZABIST)
- Forman Christian College, Lahore
- Sarhad University of Science & Information Technology, Peshawar
- Baqai Medical University, Karachi
- Isra University, Hyderabad
- Hamdard University, Karachi
- Jinnah University for Women, Karachi
- Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology, Karachi
- University of Wah, Wah Cantt
- National College of Business Administration & Economics, Lahore
Note: For details please visit the following link from which the information is taken.