Last Date: 23rd June, 2014
KOICA-Yeungnam Master’s Degree Program on Community Development Leadership (KOICA-PSPS Master’s Degree Program in Saemaul Undong) offered by the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) at Seoul National University (12 October 2014 ~15 February 2016).
With a mission to nurture talented students from developing countries, KOICA invites high-caliber students from developing countries and helps them gain professional and systematic knowledge that will play a key role in their home country’s development.
To accomplish this mission, KOICA has been operating master’s degree courses with leading Korean universities in the fields of economics, trade, women’s empowerment, rural development, etc
* Educating and training policy experts and public educators who will work for the socio-economic development and the improvement of the quality of life in the developing countries
* Teaching and promoting Saemaul Undong spirits and modalities among global talents who can contribute to the ‘prosperity for all’ in the global village.
* Contributing to global development and the eradication of extreme poverty in the world by sharing Korea’s Saemaul Undong experiences with poor and underdeveloped countries
* Master of Saemaul Studies (MSS)
* Master of Public Administration (MPA)
* 16 months (12 October 2014 ~15 February 2016)
* The graduate program of the Park Chung Hee School of Policy and Saemaul (PSPS) consists of four semesters.
* The first academic year consists of three semesters: Fall, spring and summer, all of which are required to be on campus to complete their coursework.
* During the last semester (Fall semester in the following year), students take ‘thesis research credit’ and write their master’s thesis or research report
* Be a citizen of the country which has a cooperative relationship with KOICA.
* Be a government/municipality official or a researcher / an instructor in state institute working in his/her home country with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
* Possibly work in regional or rural community development field for at least two year after the completion of this program.
* Be nominated by his or her Government.
* Have sufficient command of both spoken & written English to take classes conducted in English.
* Be preferably under 40 years of age in good health, both physically and mentally, to complete the program.
* Pregnancy is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participation in this program.
* Having Tuberculosis or any kind of contagious disease is regarded as a disqualifying condition for participation in this program.
* Not be a person who has been withdrawn from KOICA’s scholarship program.
* Person belonging to the institution in which candidates submitted false documents and returned to his/her country arbitrarily in the middle of SP program cannot be applied
* Have not participated in KOICA’s scholarship program or any of the Korean government’s Scholarship Program before.
* Be qualified with the requirements identified by Yeungnam University and KOICA.
For more details visit http://www.hec.gov.pk/InsideHEC/Divisions/HRD/ForeignDonorFundedPrograms/Pages/KOICA-YEUNGAMMaster%27sProgram20142015.aspx