[cont] => tle”>KAS Media Africa Scholarship for Undergraduate and Masters in South Africa, 2017
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is offeringÂ Media Africa Scholarship for Undergraduate and Masters programme. Sub-Saharan African journalists are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) provides modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a political foundation, inspired by Christian democratic values, committed to fostering democracy and the rule of law, to implementing social and market-economic structures and to promoting human rights in Europe and worldwide.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing honours or Masters Degree at the University of Witwatersrand’sÂ South Africa.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded for pursuing Journalism Programme.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship includes:
- University fees
- Return flight to Johannesburg
- Monthly stipend of 5 000 ZAR
- Accommodation fees for student housing
- A one-time payment of 2 500 ZAR for study material.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Candidates should be under 30 years old, working as a journalist in a sub-Saharan African country and fluent in English.
- For Honours, candidates must have at least three yearsâ€™ working experience and either an undergraduate degree or pass an entrance test.
- For Masters, candidates must have a degree equivalent to the BA Honours in Journalism (or related field) and at least three yearsâ€™ working experience.
- Candidates must work closely with KAS Media Africa during their stay in Johannesburg and write a bi-monthly narrative report on their study progress.
Nationality:Â Journalists from Sub-Saharan Africa (Angola, Benin, Botswana,Â Burkina Faso,Â Burundi,Â Cameroon,Â Cape Verde,Â Central African Republic,Â Chad,Â Comoros,Â Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti,Â Equatorial Guinea,Â Eritrea, Ethiopia,Â Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho,Â Liberia,Â Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda,Â Sao Tome and Principe,Â Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia andÂ Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Candidates should be under 30 years old, working as a journalist in a sub-Saharan African country.
English language Requirements: Applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: Applications should be emailed toÂ Brigitte.read-at-kas.deÂ with â€œKAS scholarshipâ€ in the subject heading.
Applicants need to submit:
- A motivation letter
- A CV
- Writing samples
- At least 2 letters of nomination/reference by a senior journalist, publisher or academic.
Application Deadline: Closing date for applications is 31 August 2016.