ISRSF Essay Competition for Indonesian Women, 2017
The Indonesian Scholarship and Research Support Foundation (ISRSF) invites talented Indonesian women to participate in the Foundationâ€™s Essay Competition for Indonesian women. The goal of this competition is to recognize the work of Indonesian women interested in social sciences and to inspire young Indonesian women to become scholars.
Award are as follows:
1stÂ Prize: Rp. 10,000,000
2ndÂ Prize: Rp. 8,000,000
3rdÂ Prize: Rp. 6,000,000
Who is qualified to enter the competition?
- Female Indonesian citizen
- Strong interest in social sciences or humanities.
- You hold either an S1 or S2 degree as of the end of 2016.
- You are 35 years old or younger at the time you submit your essay.
- You have not yet started any Ph.D. program.
What can you write about?
- Any non-fiction subject in the social sciences or humanities, such as anthropology, gender studies, history, politics, development studies, philosophy, or sociology.
When is the deadline?
- Essays must be submitted online to ISRSF no later than 15 November 2016 at midnight (WIB).
What are the criteria for winning?
- Originality, clarity, coherence, use of sources, and the quality of the writing.
- Essays must be written in English and carefully edited for content, spelling, and grammar.
- Essays must be non-fiction, based on research, and be 2,500 words or less.
- Essays must be written and edited by the same individual (no outside help).
- Each writer can submit only one essay for this competition.
- Essays must be new, original, and written specifically for this competition.
- Previously published essays, whether in print or online (in any form), will not be accepted.
- All sources (primary or secondary) used in the essay must be fully and properly cited. All direct quotes must appear in quotation marks.
- ISRSF will scan all essays using plagiarism software that can detect any material previously published in books, articles, or available online.
- Essays should have a title. The authorâ€™s name should appear under the title. Avoid using headers and footers.
- Essays must be submitted in Word .doc or .docx format. Use 12 pt Times New Roman font. PDFs will not be accepted.
- Margins should be set to 1â€ on all sides. Pages should be numbered.
- ISRSF reserves the right to publish the winning essays and name the winning writers on its website.
- Please send your essay attached with the Essay Competition for Indonesian Women Form and a scan of your ID (KTP) for verification to women-at-isrsf.org.
Panel of Judges
All essays will be read and judged by an independent panel of Indonesian and international historians. The panel reserves the right not to award a prize if no essay qualifies. The panelâ€™s decisions regarding prize winners are final.
- Based on the decisions of the judges, IRSRF will award first, second, and third prizes in the amounts of Rp. 10 million, Rp. 8 million, and Rp. 6 million, respectively.
- Prize winners will also receive an award certificate from ISRSF and will be featured on the Foundationâ€™s website.
- Prize winners are automatically eligible to be interviewed by ISRSF for a prestigious Arryman Fellow award.
- No one currently affiliated in any way with ISRSF can submit an essay.
Essays will be judged by an independent panel of professional historians and winners will be announced on ISRSFâ€™s website by January 9, 2017