Applications are invited for Australian Government, Indo-Australian Career Boosting Gold Fellowships (IACBGF) which are open to researchers from India. The fellowships will be supported to undertake a collaborative research project at a leading science institute or university in Australia for a period of 3 to 9 months, commencing in 2016-17.
The Indo-Australian Career Boosting Gold Fellowships (IACBG-Fellowships) is an initiative of the Government of India through the Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology; within kind support from the Australian Government, Australia, through the Department of Industry, Innovation, Climate Change, Science, Research and Tertiary Education.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to undertake a collaborative research project at a leading science institute or university in Australia
Study Subject: In the first call, priority will be given to projects that are relevant to one of the following thematic areas and topics: Agricultural Biotechnology and Medical Biotechnology.
- The fellows would be entitled to:
Monthly Associateship of Rs. 1,50,000/-
Preparatory allowance of Rs. 20,000/- (one-time grant) and
The cost of the air passage in economy class by Air India for joining the overseas laboratory and back.
- The selected candidates may receive the payment of salary and continuance of other service benefits by the institutions to which they belong. However, no liability on any of this account will be borne by DBT.
- Fellows must spend a minimum of 3 months on their project at their nominated international host institution in Australia. An IACBG-Fellowship may not exceed 9 months.
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- The Fellowships are open to Indian researchers who are currently employed on a full-time basis (need not be a permanent employee) but have not accrued more than five years experience as a research scientist since being awarded their PhD.
- Eligible applicants include persons employed in a:
-Indian Government agency, statutory body or government owned corporation;
-Indian based university, institute, or other national research organisation; or
-Indian private sector research and development organisation.
-Age limit 35 years
- Indian applicants must be Indian citizens with their principal place of residence being India.
- Unsuccessful applicants in any one round are eligible to re-apply in subsequent rounds.
- Fellowships are awarded on an individual basis only. Therefore, interdependent or joint applications will not be considered.
- The decision of the IACBG-Fellowships Secretariat regarding applicant eligibility is final
Nationality: Researchers from India can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: This Program is open to applicants based in India who are employed on a full-time basis (need not be permanent employees) but have not accrued more than five (5) years employment in a research role since being awarded their PhD.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applications can be sent by post or via email. The following copies of the application must be submitted:
- One unbound, single-sided original copy (clipped, not stapled)
- Ten (10) spiral bound copies
- Soft copy as a Microsoft Word files by email.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 31st OctoberÂ 2016.