Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals with demonstrable leadership potential who also have strong academic backgrounds.
Chevening is the UK governmentâ€™s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders since 1983. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award â€“ Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships â€“ the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
Applicant must hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a good UK second-class honours degree or has equivalent professional training and/or experience.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to spend time at the University of Oxford, University of Dundee and London School of Economics and Political Science as visiting fellows.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to support the professional development of mid-career fellows in key thematic sectors.
Scholarship Award: Each fellowship includes:
- Full programme fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from China to the UK
Scholarship can be taken inÂ theÂ UK
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Chevening China Fellowship Programme, student must:
- Be a citizen of China and currently live in the country. The
- The student must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least five yearsâ€™ work experience prior to applying.
- Be a mid-career professional in their respective field.
- Have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the program.e.
Nationality: Citizen of China can apply for Chevening China Fellowship
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Chevening acceptsÂ English languageÂ tests from five providers:
- Academic IELTS
- Pearson PTE Academic
- TOEFL Ibt
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CEA)
- Trinity ISE II (B2)
How to Apply: Applicants need to contact the Chinese lead participating institution for more information on how to apply to each fellowship programme.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 3rd October 2016.