The Bankâ€™s Fellowship Program fosters excellence in research in Canada and develops partnerships with external experts in areas important to the Bank’s mandate.
The Bank of Canada is the nation’s central bank. Its principal role is “to promote the economic and financial welfare of Canada,” as defined in the Bank of Canada Act.
Course Level: Fellowships are awarded to conduct research.
Study Subject: Fellowship provides in areas important to the Bankâ€™s mandate (macroeconomics, monetary economics, international finance, financial markets and institutions, financial stability and regulation, labour economics, and economic growth), and who are undertaking leading-edge research that contributes to the development of knowledge and research capabilities in those areas.
Scholarship Award: The award is for a term of up to five years, and is subject to an annual review and confirmation process. Recipients of this award may apply for a second term. The award consists of:
- A research grant of $50,000 per year per recipient
- A Research Expense Allowance of up to $40,000 per year per recipient, for related research expenses and for research assistants
Scholarship can be taken in Canada
Eligibility: Fellowship Award recipients are required to:
- Be Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, or be otherwise legally permitted to work in Canada
- Conduct and support research in Canada
- Have obtained a PhD
- Be employed by a Canadian university in a tenure or tenure-track position during the term of the Fellowship Award
Nationality: Canadian citizens can apply for this fellowship award.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have obtained a PhD degree.
How to Apply: The recipientâ€™s university is to email the following material by 14 October 2016 to fellowship-bourses-at-bankofcanada.ca:
- A PDF of a signed letter from an official representative of the university, on the universityâ€™s letterhead, confirming that the recipient remains in good standing and continues to meet the eligibility requirements for the Fellowship Award
- The recipientâ€™s updated curriculum vitae (MS Word document)
- A status report of one to three pages (maximum 1500 words) from the recipient demonstrating progress against the research plan originally submitted to the Bank of Canada, as well as contributions to the education and development of new researchers (MS Word document)
- The recipientâ€™s research plan originally submitted to the Bank of Canada (MS Word document)
- A list of articles written or presentations delivered by the recipient during the past year (MS Word document)
Application Deadline: Nomination documents for the 2017 Award must be received at the Bank by 14 November 2016.