[cont] => tle”>110 Queensland University of Technology Postgraduate Research Awards in Australia, 2017
Applications are invited for QUT Postgraduate Research Awards (QUTPRA). These awards will be awarded to international research students for pursuing Ph.D. or professional doctorate programme.
QUTPRAs are provided to assist with general living costs. Awardees, who are not already in receipt of an external tuition fee scholarship, will also be granted a QUT HDR tuition fee sponsorship for the term of candidature.
Queensland University of Technology campuses offers high-quality learning, teaching and research spaces to better meet the needs of students, academics, and researchers. This is a highly successful Australian university with an applied emphasis in courses and research. While they are based in Brisbane, Queensland, they have a global outlook.
To assess the English language proficiency, university accepts results from the following tests: IELTS (Academic); TOEFL iBT (Internet-based); Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic); Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE); Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
Course Level: Awards are available for pursuing Ph.D. or professional doctorate programme at QUT.
Study Subject: Awards are provided in the field of Business, Creative Industries, Education, Health, Law, Science and Engineering, Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI) and Institute for Future Environments.
Scholarship Award: Student will receive
- A living allowance, indexed annually (based on the current 2016 full-time stipend rate: $26,288 per annum). The scholarship is tax exempt for full-time studentsÂ and is to support living costs for up to 3 years for doctoral students.
- International students will also receive an accompanying QUT Higher Degree Research Tuition Fee Sponsorship.
- The scholarship will end when the applicant submits their thesis, or at the end of the award’s tenure, whichever comes first.
- Student can also apply for a $1,520 relocation allowance (domestic students only)
Scholarship can be taken inÂ Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible for a QUTPRA, a student must:
- Have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class (H1) Honours, or be regarded by QUT as having an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with paragraph 2.2 of these Rules; and
- Be undertaking a Research Doctorate at QUT; and
- Be enrolled as a full-time, internal international student; and
- Not hold a Research Doctorate or an equivalent research qualification; and
- Not be receiving an equivalent award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the QUTPRA stipend rate to undertake the HDR. Income from sources unrelated to the course of study is not to be taken into account.
Nationality: International research students can apply for the research award.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: First Class Honours (H1), or an equivalent level of attainment in accordance with QUTâ€™s criteria for determining Honours equivalence
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: To assess the English language proficiency, university accepts results from the following tests: IELTS (Academic); TOEFL iBT (Internet-based); Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic); Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE); Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE).
How to Apply: Applicants should apply for a research course by 30 September and indicate on their application that they want to be considered for a scholarship as part of annual scholarship round.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30 September 2016.